Vitamins For Hair Growth
Using Essential Vitamins to Prevent Hair Loss
A healthy diet is essential to the well-being of all of our body systems, including the growth of hair. You might say that everything that goes into your mouth has an effect on the hair on your head! Certain vitamins are especially beneficial in promoting and stimulating hair growth and keeping hair follicles healthy so that hair doesn’t fall out.
What Vitamins for Hair Growth are Best?
A vitamin called Para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA) is essential in solving the problem of hair loss. People who have prematurely-gray hair are probably suffering from a lack of PABA in their diets. Eating a diet that is rich in vitamin B can help get your hair back to its normal color. Vitamin B is found in high amounts in liver, kidneys, and whole grains.
Vitamin A, which is found in meat, fish liver oil, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, and carrots is necessary in the production of sebum, an oily substance which is secreted by the sebaceous glands. Sebum is responsible for keeping the hair waterproof as well as stopping it from drying out. Too little sebum production will result in dry hair which is more prone to breaking and falling out.
Hair and skin health both depend on your getting enough Vitamin C in your diet. High quantities of Vitamin C are found in oranges, lemons, grapefruit, and limes, strawberries, pineapples, tomatoes, potatoes, and dark green vegetables.
Eating raw nuts and seeds, whole wheat products, green, leafy vegetables, and soybean products such as tofu will keep blood flowing to the scalp which will keep your follicles stimulated and reduce the amount of hair loss.
B vitamins are instrumental in the well-being of your hair.
Vitamins for hair growth include:
- Biotin (Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H) is found in swiss chard, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, carrots, almonds, eggs, onions, cabbage, cucumbers, cauliflower, goat's milk, cow's milk, raspberries, strawberries, halibut, oats, and walnuts. Biotin keeps hair from falling out. Not getting enough Biotin in the diet can result in more severe hair loss including eyelashes and eyebrows.
- Inositol is not technically a vitamin in that it can be synthesized by the body, however it is crucial for maintaining hair health.. There are a number of foods inositol can be found in, including cereals with a high bran content, cantaloupe, melons, and oranges. It is known for helping the hair maintain its moisture content.
- Wheat germ, poultry, meat, and fish all contain Niacin (Vitamin B3) which enhances circulation for a healthy scalp.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) inhibits the graying of hair. Whole grains, egg yolks, and organ meats are good sources of vitamin B5.
- The color of your hair is determined by the level of vitamin B6 you have in your system. Once again, it can be found in whole grains, eggs, and organ meats as well as many vegetables.
- Hair loss can be prevented by eating plenty foods containing Vitamin B12 which includes chicken, eggs, milk, and fish.
Having healthy hair isn’t much different than having a healthy body. They are all part of your general well-being. All of your body systems need good nutrition in order to function correctly. If you don’t eat to keep yourself well and healthy, your hair will begin to show it by thinning and falling out. Hair is mostly made up of protein, so if you don’t take in enough of it, your hair isn’t going to grow as it should. Foods which are high in protein are milk, yogurt, beans, soy products, fish, and eggs. Eating a diet that’s high in lecithin, such as calves liver, wheat germ, and yeast is reputed for making hair strong and lustrous.
Check with your doctor before you start taking any vitamins to control your hair loss. This is especially true if you have any existing health problems. Have your doctor help you set up a vitamin program to control your hair loss. Once you’ve started, it should only take between two and three months for you to be able to see the results the vitamins have had on your hair health.
Is A Hair Transplant Right For You? Which Hair Loss Treatments Will Help You Most?
If you’ve started to notice some thinning patches on your scalp or a lot of hair in your sink, don’t panic. Stress is only going to make more hair fall out. It’s far better to stay calm and explore the options that are open to you.
Continue reading about hair transplant costs.
Browse through our article library below to find the answer to your question. Contact us if you can't find your question and we'll do our best to bring you related articles on your topic in the future.